A Message from the Principal
We never thought that we would be finishing up Term One like this! Thank you for what has been a wonderful start to the school year. Thank you for the support you have given your child/ren as learners and thank you for the support you have shown to me and the rest of the school community.
Below are the details and arrangements as we move into an earlier than expected Term One holiday.
School pick up arrangements for today for both drive through and pick up in person are:
Surnames A-K 2:15 - 2:45pm
L-Z 2:45 - 3:15pm
After school care as per normal (today only)
- As the Victorian School Holidays have been brought forward and will commence tomorrow, the school will be closed from 4:00pm today.
- Parent Teacher Interviews will not go ahead on Wednesday. Alternative arrangements will be made at the beginning of Term Two
School psychologist appointments can continue with Moya Matthews by contacting Strong Minds Psychology: Phone: 03 5967 1438 Mobile/Text: 0417 389 941
- Counselling and mental health support is available both online and via telephone. Contact the GP for more details.
- We are not sending work home for the holidays as there will be no teacher support available. We encourage your child/ren to continue to read, draw, complete puzzles and play board games whilst you all concentrate on staying well and healthy.
- Should schools remain closed we will email Home Learning Packs on the first scheduled day of Term Two (April 14th). You may recall that this day is a designated Pupil Free Day.
- Families without a home computer will be able to ring the school on April 14th to arrange pick up of a hard copy (of the learning pack) if required. We will also, communicate and facilitate changing of reading material arrangements during that first week of Term Two.
- School Holiday Program will not operate from St Mary’s during the Term holidays (from tomorrow). TheirCare are awaiting department advice as to whether they can offer holiday care in Montrose. I will advise you of this as soon as I receive notification.
- You may be eligible for Fee Relief and so I encourage you to read below.
Fee Relief - Camps, Sport and Excursions Fund (CSEF)
If you hold a valid means-tested concession card (Veterans Affairs Gold Card, eligible Centrelink Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)) you may be eligible for CSEF. The allowance will be paid to the school to use towards expenses relating to camps, excursions, or sporting activities for the benefit of your child.
Application forms are available in this newsletter or can be downloaded here http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Documents/about/programs/health/csefapplicationform.pdf
Please return the application form as soon as possible so that the payment can be made. Applications can be made up until the end of term 2. Alternatively you can scan and email your healthcare card details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage to have a look at Edsmart. Edsmart have some options to help you better manage your cash flow if needed. Edstart provides two options to help you better manage your children’s education expenses. They simple repayment plans can fit around your budget and when you get paid. Log on and enter your school fee amount and let Edsmart calculate the payments.
For anyone having difficulty paying this years school fees, we urge you to contact us at email@example.com
I will continue to keep you updated as to the operations of the school going forward into Term Two.
On behalf of the St Mary’s staff, I wish you a safe and healthy holiday and pray that we will be able to gather again as a school community in the near future.
Best Wishes and God Bless.
Congratulations to our students of the week:
PF: Jaxon L PR: Ruby M
1/2P: Brody C 1/2M: Kya F 1/2H: Lyla B/Abbie W 1/2D: Nate S
3/4G: Mackenzie C 3/4R: Hailey D 3/4M: William M 3/4O: Harrison F
5/6B: Will E 5/6T: Dylan P 5/6P: Bridie M 5/6F: